Sunday, October 31, 2010

The bitter sweet weekend

I was feeling down at the start of this past week, but after a sequence of events, emails, and people around me bringing me back up, I feel so much more optimistic about life. There are too many people to thank because a good percentage of my boost came from this this past weekend’s Rocky Horror events. These 4 crazy parties were a personal bitter sweet end to the week for me.

I understand that the couple people who read this may not understand the bitter part, so offense isn’t taken, I’ll be happy to explain without getting too personal.

My traditional Halloween weekend consists of a weekend of Dead Man’s Party, an Oingo Boingo tribute band in Southern California. A Halloween, for me, really hasn’t been complete without seeing all of my California friends there who I have been missing dearly since I moved away. The band and friends that I’ve made at those shows are great people to be cherished. This obviously brings me to the bitter part.

I’m really upset that I had to miss out this year. This was one of the things that was bringing me down at the start of this week. The realization that I have to be in Arizona during the only holiday I acknowledge made my stomach turn. The overwhelming amunt of negativity that I’ve experienced over the last 6 years in this state bothers me so, I try to get that little energy boost to help continue on. And, damn, what a big unexpected boost I got.

Rocky Horror has been a big part of my life, just like Boingo. The 4 shows this weekend really came together and definitely came at the right time. I have been feeling more and more part of the cast, but for some reason, I’ve always felt a little distant until now. (Personal issues, nothing to do with cast.) The feelings that I got this past weekend just made me feel right about what’s to come and the difficult choices that I will have to make.

I am always going to have some hate for Arizona taking away a few things that I cherished, but with a new spark to ignite the fire in me, I’m really looking forward to the wild fire that will soon rage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home